The 10th International Conference on Systematic Innovation (ICSI) & Global Competition on Systematic Innovation (GCSI)
ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Date: July 08-11, 2019, Liverpool, UK
- International Society of Innovation Methods (I-SIM)
- The Society of Systematic Innovation (SSI)
- The University of Liverpool Management School (Local Host)
- Nottingham University Business School
Technovation (SCI and SSCI indexed, IF: 4.802)
International Journal of Systematic Innovation (SCOPUS indexed)
Engineering Design and Innovation Method areas, Computers and Industrial Engineering (SCI indexed, IF: 3.195)
International Journal of Logistics: Research & Applications (SSCI indexed, IF: 1.820)
The TRIZ Journal (The first international TRIZ journal)
The current state of business in the world is one of rapid change and companies are opening up a new front in global competition. The 10th ICSI & GCSI event will publicise theoretical and technological advances in all aspects of systematic innovation, which include but are not limited to product, process, and service innovations. The conference will contain plenary speeches/tutorials by world-renowned researchers/practitioners and parallel technical sessions. It will foster networking and collaboration among the participants to advance theories and practices as well as to identify significant trends for innovation in the digital era.
About the Society
I-SIM is an international society dedicated solely for research, development, training, and promotion of innovation methods – beyond TRIZ. The goals of I-SIM include:
- Providing a platform for research, development, and promotion of innovation methods, tools, systems, and applications.
- Integrating various innovation-related methods such as systematic innovation, TRIZ, deBono methods, biomimicry, analysis of Intellectual Properties, etc., for synergetic usage.
- Providing in-depth training/consultation/database/tools/knowledge in the fields related to innovation methods.
- Organizing related experts and organizations for win-win collaborations.
- State-of-the-art keynotes, tutorials, and invited special speeches by world-class speakers, including Professor Jonathan Linton (the Editor-in-Chief of Technovation), Professor Andrew Lyons (the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Logistics: Research & Applications), Professor Daniel Sheu (the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Systematic Innovation, and Area editor of Computers and Industrial Engineering), Professor Darrell Mann (the Editor-in-Chief of The TRIZ-Journal, CEO of Systematic Innovation Ltd), and Professor Run Hua Tan (VP, Hebei University of Technology), etc.
- Selected excellent papers will be recommended to submit toward publication in reputable journals such as Technovation, the International Journal of Systematic Innovation, the International Journal of Logistics: Research & Applications, and Engineering Design/Innovation Methods areas of Computers and Industrial Engineering. Papers are subject to peer reviews.
- GCSI provides an excellent platform and global recognition for your outstanding innovation projects in the International Arena.
- ICSI/GCSI provide excellent networking opportunities for researchers and practitioners to learn from one another and world-leading experts in the field related to innovation methods.
- First 40 paid international registrants can enjoy a one-day free tour of beautiful Liverpool vicinity which is known as the European Culture Centre.
Participants are invited to submit manuscripts based on their conference presentations for possible publication in one of the supporting journals (based on the number of submissions and paper quality) with the intention of publishing a Special Issue that is dedicated to the 2019 ICSI conference. Only submissions that were presented at the conference by one of the authors may be invited to the Special Issue. The conference organizing committee will issue invitation letters to the best papers presented at the conference.
Researchers working in the area of innovation management from academia, industry, government and research establishments as well as doctoral students are invited to submit their abstracts/papers/projects.
Topics of Interest (but are not limited to)
- Strategic and business aspects of innovation methods
- Technical aspects of systematic product/process/service innovations and innovation methods
- TRIZ-based systematic innovation
- Data-informed product/process/service innovation.
- Open and collaborative innovation.
- Integration of Innovation Methods with Artificial Intelligence(AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Smart Design/Manufacturing/Services, or Computer-Aided Innovation (CAI)
- Other new technologies, theories, and applications related to systematic innovation such as IP/Patent Management or Techniques, Neural Linguistic Programming, Axiomatic Design, VA/VE, Lean, 6 Sigma, QFD, etc.
- Only on-time, full-paper submissions are eligible to participate in the Paper Competition and be peer-reviewed toward journal publication. To participate in the Paper Competition, choose the paper competition option and select the appropriate category in the online registration process. An international judging committee will blind review the papers for the awards.
- Interested participants can download appropriate forms and submit their papers/projects on the web site or via email to email@example.com with subject “2019 ICSI/GCSI Submission” and clearly state whether they want to be considered for the paper competition.
|Paper Abstracts & GCSI Project registration||May 20, 2019|
|Notification of Paper Acceptance and GCSI Project Finalists||Within 2 weeks receipt of abstract|
|Early Registration due||May 31, 2019|
|Full Papers/Presentation due for Publication in Proceedings||June 15, 2019|
|Authors||GBP 300||GBP 350||Included||Included|
|Non-Authors||GBP 350||GBP 400||Included||Included|
|I-SIM/SSI Members||GBP 250||GBP 300||Included||Included|
|Students||GBP 100||GBP 150||Included||GBP 45|
|GCSI Project||GBP 50/per project. £20 per on-site participant (waived for ICSI registrants).||GBP 45|
|Each participant registration fee covers up to 2 paper submissions. Authors should pay GBP 50 per additional paper.|
GCSI Project Competition/Exhibition
A concurrent event, the 9th Global Competition on Systematic Innovation (GCSI), will hold its final round of project competition in one of the special sessions of the ICSI conference. The goals of this GCSI exhibition are to promote systematic innovation/TRIZ and help the dissemination of innovation results. Multiple Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze medals and certificates will be awarded. ICSI participants can attend the project presentations and demonstrations free of charge. The Judging Committee reserves the right to adjust the number of awardees based on the quality of the projects. For details, see GCSI information at http://www.i-sim.org/icsi2019/
Please make your submissions first via ICSI – Submission or GCSI – Submission, then register your attendance via University of Liverpool’s Online Store.
Information and Inquiry
If you have any question, please feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Liverpool City – situated in North West England, Liverpool is an important cultural centre within the UK, incorporating music, performing arts, museums and art galleries, literature and nightlife amongst others. In 2008, the cultural heritage of the city was celebrated with the city holding the title of European Capital of Culture. For more information about the city, please visit: https://www.visitliverpool.com/
The University of Liverpool – the conference venue will be at the University of Liverpool. Founded in 1881, the University of Liverpool is a public university based in the city of Liverpool. It comprises three faculties organized into 35 departments and schools. It is a founding member of the Russell Group, the N8 Group for research collaboration. The university is mainly based around a single urban campus approximately 15 minutes walk from Liverpool City Centre. For more information about the University, please visit: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/